By submitting this registration form, you verify that you have read agree and consent, to all Terms & Conditions (hereinafter the “Terms & Conditions”) below and to the use of your personal data in this form for the purposes of registering for the Zone 21 Institute and other events as described below:
1. Rotary International, Zone 21 – Institute 2022 (also referred to as “Limassol 2022”) is a training & information update conference which will take place in person mainly at the Elias Beach Hotel, Limassol, Cyprus from 7 to 13 November 2022. Limassol2022 includes and/or comprises of the following individual and interlinked events:
- The GETS/GNTS Training: planned to take place between 7 and 9 November
- The DGE & DGN Partner’s Training: planned to take place on 7 and 9 November
- Side seminars and Regional Update: planned to take place on 9 and 10 November
- The Major Donor Dinner event: planned to take place at a venue on 11 November The Dinner event is organised and hosted by the Rotary Foundation (TRF). Limassol2022 Organising Committee is offering the logistic and processing facilities on behalf of TRF. The invitation list and program of the event is strictly at the discretion of the Rotary Foundation
- The Zone Institute: planned to take place between 10 and 12 November 2022
- Recreational Excursions: are optional events and are planned to take place on 9 and 11 November 2022 or any day that the organizers deem suitable
- Group Fellowship excursion: as an optional event planned to take place on 13 November
- House of Friendship (HoF) exhibition area: will be available between 9 and 12 November 2022 and is open to official Rotary Merchandise vendors, vendors related to Sponsors of Limassol2022. Additionally Rotary clubs, Districts, Zone 21 or other related parties exhibiting and/or fundraising for their programs and projects. (Also referred to as “a Projects Fair”)
For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions the below are defined as:
Conveners shall mean: Rotary International Director (RID) Patrick Chisanga and Past Rotary International Director (PRID) Katerina Kotsali-Papademetriou.
The Organizer shall mean: the Organising Committee of Limassol2022 Institute.
The Authorised Representative of the Organizer shall mean: The Famagusta Rotary Club.
The Registered Participant shall mean: those persons who fill-in or are included in the online Registration form and pay the fees relevant to their choices.
The Program shall mean: the content of all the events outlined above. The program is subject to change at the discretion of the Organizers and Conveners.
Events shall mean: all items from (a) to (h) listed under 1 above in the Description of the Business and events comprising the Limassol2022 Institute
Registration shall mean: the online or any manual process which a potential participant shall follow to become a Registered participant of the Limassol2022 Institute including the settlement of the relevant fees and who has received an email confirming the participants registration.
The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the Program, in accordance with the following:
- The Registered Participant is obliged to follow the COVID – 19 anti-pandemic travel rules, such as being vaccinated or have, proof of presence of antibodies or have a negative PCR The registered participant must prove this to the Organizer by submitting the relevant medical certificate or notification from the locally relevant hygienic station, or he/she must fulfil any other necessary condition implied by the Republic of Cyprus guidelines/regulations/policies issued from time to time, herein called the Cyprus authorities. Updated information about restrictions and rules are available here: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/eng/categories/important-announcements
- All sessions will be in English – there will be no interpretation or translation available. The organisers are available to discuss the possibility of supplying interpretation for large language groups provided the cost will be born by the beneficiaries of the interpretation.
Registration to any of these events is a binding contract between the Registered Participant and Organizer.
- The Registered Participant can designate another individual to attend an event in his/her stead by sending a name of the substitute in writing to the Such Registration transfer is subject to the approval of the Organisers.
- In the case where no substitute is designated the following cancellation policy will be applied:
- For cancellation before the 30th of September, the Organisers have the right to retain the cancellation fee of €50.
- For cancellation by the 15 of October, the Organisers have the right to retain 50% of any registration fees paid by the Registered Participant.
- For cancellations made after the 15th of October, the Organiser has the right to retain the whole amount of the registration fee, and therefore no refunds shall be made.
- In case the Registered Participant is allowed to be refunded, all refunds will be processed within 14 calendar days from the completion of the Limassol 2022 Institute.
Because the Organizer reserves the right to adjust the program as weather, participation or route (hereinafter the ‘excursion’) circumstances dictate; the Organizer reserves the right to cancel any excursion in the case of:
- when less than 15 purchases/orders/participations, have been achieved: and
- where weather or route circumstances dictate.
In the case of cancellation by the Organizer in accordance with 1 and 2 above, the Registered Participant will be fully refunded for the cost of the excursion.
The Participant will have the right to proceed with cancellation of an excursion, by submitting a written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (3) three weeks equals to (21) twenty one calendar days before the date of the excursion. Any cancellation received by any Participant after the 21 calendar days of the excursion, as stated above, the Participant will not be eligible to any refund. It is upon the Organizer discretion to review case by case and decides whether a Participant may or shall be eligible of a partial refund, exceptionally and under the terms and conditions of the “Terms & Conditions”.
- The Authorised Representative of the Organizer is registered with the Tax Authorities in Cyprus, and is the holder of the Tax Identification Code (I.C.) 90008251F.
Neither party will be liable for breach of its obligations under this contract if they are prevented from fulfilling them by a case of force majeure (such as a ban by the Republic of Cyprus on organizing events for a certain number of people, a ban on accommodation or catering services, or other restrictions affecting the event, etc.). Generally, “Force majeure” means any unforeseeable exceptional situation or event beyond the control of the parties, which prevents any of them from fulfilling any of its obligations under the contract, which was not caused by error or negligence on their part and proves that it cannot be overcome even with all due diligence and care.
A party who has breached its obligations may not, as a case of force majeure, invoke labour disputes, strikes, financial difficulties or concerns about future developments.
Notwithstanding the above-mentioned contracting parties, force majeure always means the case where either party will be forced to cancel or significantly limit or change due to measures against the spread of Covid-19 ordered by the Republic of Cyprus or the impossibility of the event caused by other epidemic / pandemic in the Republic of Cyprus or measures against its spread (e.g. suspected infection in persons for whom the event is intended without any action being taken by the authorities of the Republic of Cyprus).
- If the Organizer is unable to organize the event due to Force Majeure, the Organizer may notify the registered participants of an alternative date for the event and/or that it will be held In such a case, other terms remain unchanged, and the registered participants are not entitled to cancel their registration.
- If the Organizer is unable to organize and does not proceed under “a” above, this contract will be terminated, and the registration fee deducting the expenses already paid and/or covered and/or any other amounts made by the Organizer for the purposes of the Event and are not refundable for the scope of the Event; will be returned to the registered participant within 14 calendar days following the cancellation.
- If the Registered Participant is unable to attend due to restriction by the authorities of the Republic of Cyprus (such as a travel ban on the country of origin of the registered participant and/or vice versa.) and such a restriction was not in effect at the time when the registration was made, the Organizer, after receiving written request including documents that support the claim of the restriction, will return the Fees, deducting the expenses already paid and/or covered and/or any other amounts made by the Organizer for the purposes of the Event and are not refundable for the scope of the Event; to the Registered Participant. Such an email must be sent to email@example.com.
- Either party affected by a case of Force Majeure shall immediately notify the other party, accordingly, indicating the nature of the event in question, the probable duration and the expected consequences. Both parties will work together on smooth resolution.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity: As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Rotary will cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture in which people from underrepresented groups have greater opportunities to participate as members and leaders.
GDPR: The Organizer respects the protection of personal data and is committed to processing personal data in a transparent manner and in accordance with applicable law as stated below, for the purposes of the Events. The Organizer, as the “Controller” of personal data, processes your personal data to the extent that you have provided or will provide in this connection, in particular name and surname, title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, photographs, video, occupation / professional classification.
In accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) of the European Parliament, the Cyprus Law providing for the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and for the Free Movement of such Data of 2018 (Law 125(I)/2018), and the e-Privacy Directive 2009/136/EC (the “Personal Data Protection Laws”) and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “GDPR“) your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
In this clause, the following definitions shall apply:
“Personal Data” means any personal data (as defined in the Personal Data Protection Laws) provided to either Party, for the provision of Events under this Terms and Conditions;
- “Data Controller”, “Sub-Controller”, “Data Processor”, “Sub-Processor” “Personal Data” “Data Processing” “Data Subject”, “Special Categories of Personal Data”, “Data Breach” “Supervisory Authority shall have the meaning given to them under the Personal Data Protection Laws.
The Parties hereby acknowledge that for the purposes of the Personal Data Protection Laws, the Organizer can be both the Data Controller and Data Processor, and the Registered Participant can be both the Data Controller and he Data Processor in relation to the Client’s Personal Data. Each Party, either acting as the Organizer or the Registered Participant, will comply with all requirements and obligations applicable under the Personal Data Protection Laws in respect of the Personal Data.
The Organizer shall only disclose the Registered Participant’s Personal Data to the Organizer where:
- the Organizer has provided the necessary information to the relevant Data Subjects regarding its use, or as stated on the Organiser website at limassolinstitute2022.org;
- the Organizer has a lawful basis upon which to do so, which, in the absence of any other lawful basis, shall be with the relevant Data Subject’s consent; and
- the Organizer has complied with the necessary requirements under the data protection legislation to enable him/them to do so.
Should the Organizer require any further details regarding the Registered Participant’s treatment of personal data, contact should be made with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the Organizer.
The Organizer shall only process the Registered Participant Personal Data:
- for the scope of fulfilment of the Events in accordance with the engagement between the two Parties;
- in order to comply with the local legal or regulatory obligations; and
- where it is necessary for the purposes of his legitimate interests and those interests are not overridden by the data subjects’ his privacy The privacy notice contains further details as to how we may process Registered Participant personal data or as per the Organizer’s privacy notice available at www.limassolinstitute2022.org .
For the purpose of this Terms and Conditions the Organizer is providing information and/or digital material and/or any other information for the scope of the Events to the Registered Participant, pursuant its registration to the Events, the Organizer may disclose the Registered Participant Personal Data to their affiliates (needed to perform the required services), his regulatory bodies or other third parties (for example, his professional advisors or other service providers). The third parties to whom the Organizer discloses such personal data may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The Organizer will only disclose client personal data to a third party (including a third party outside of the EEA) provided that the transfer is undertaken in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Laws.
The Organizer shall maintain commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the Client’s Personal Data and against any accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, the Client’s Personal Data.
Once a record or Personal Data has reached its designated retention period date, the Parties should refer to their retention register to take action for the deletion (or in some cases the return) of the Registered Participant Personal Data upon the termination of the engagement with the Organizer pursuant to which the Terms and Conditions agreed to provide the Events services. The longest period of Personal Data retention is 5 to 7 years from the date of the last engagement and always in accordance with the relevant laws.
The Organizer shall ensure that only authorised personnel shall have access to the Registered Participant’s Personal Data and permission to process the Registered Participant’s Personal Data. All authorized personnel shall be bound by a duty of confidentiality.
With respect to the Registered Participant’s Personal Data, provided that the Organizer is legally permitted to do so, he shall promptly notify the Introducer in the event that:
- the Organizer receives a request, complaint, or any adverse correspondence from or on behalf of a relevant data subject, to exercise their data subject rights under the Personal Data Protection Laws or in respect of the processing of the Registered Participant’s Personal Data;
- the Organizer is served with an information, enforcement, or assessment notice (or any similar notice), or receives any other material communication in respect of the processing of the Registered Participant’s Personal Data from a supervisory authority as defined in the Personal Data Protection Laws; or
- the Organizer reasonably believes that there has been an incident which resulted in the accidental or unauthorised access to, or destruction, loss, unauthorised disclosure, or alteration of, the Registered Participant’s Personal Data.
on reasonable request, each Party shall co-operate with each other and take such commercial process or provide such information as is necessary to enable each Party to comply with the Personal Data Protection Laws in respect of the Services provided in accordance with the existing engagement letter signed between the Parties in relation to the Terms and Conditions.
The Registered Participant and/or any third-party individual or non, related to the Event with any type of contractual and/or any other type of contract form under the Cap.149 (“the Cyprus Contract Law”), hereinafter “the Complainer” have the right to proceed with filing of a Complaint as follows;
- For submitting a general complaint, please proceed by sending an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, withing 72 hours as from the event occurred. The Organizer will respond to your enquiry withing 48 hours upon submitting a complaint. Please address an email in regard to General Complaint, with the subject of “Complaint Submission”.
- For submitting a complaint regards the Personal Data, please proceed by sending an email directly to email@example.com with the subject of “Complaint Submission”. The DPO will respond to your enquiry withing 48 hours upon submitting a complaint.
The Terms and Conditions and/or any other substantial document and/or any other contractual or not agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Cyprus. The Courts of Cyprus shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning the contract and any matter arising from it.
YOU HEREBY AGREE BY SILENT CONSENT that your personal data being processed in accordance with the GDPR will be used by the Organizer also for the purposes of promoting the Events and activities of the Organizer, including publication on websites, social networks, and the like (in such a case, on the legal basis of Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). Your Personal Data will also be processed by the Organizer through its designated processors. You further acknowledge that your personal data will be passed on to the affiliates of the Organizer and other related entities in Switzerland, the Member States of the European Union, and the United States of America, but exclusively in accordance with the above purposes. Such transfer of Personal Data will be based on the implementation of the Binding Organizational Rules or standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, or other appropriate guarantees. More information or specific documents can be obtained on request to the Organizer.
YOU ARE AWARE OF YOUR RIGHTS TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT (even without reason) to access your personal data, as well as to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of your personal data and the right to object, as well as the right to your personal data. In case of doubt about the fulfilment of your rights by the Organizer, you can contact the Organizer with a request for an explanation of removal of the defect to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also directly contact the Office of the Commissioner of Data Protection with your complaint in the Republic of Cyprus.
The Organizer is entitled to keep your personal data for the time necessary or suitable for fulfilling the above purposes of their processing, with the restrictions specified in the relevant legislation.
THEREFORE, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA FOR THE COMMERCIAL COMMUNICATION IS VOLUNTARY, BUT WITHOUT THE PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED, THE ORGANIZER WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COOPERATE WITH YOU IN PLANNING, ARRANGING AND ORGANIZING EVENTS AND MANAGING PERSONAL DATA IN CONNECTION WITH THE LIMASSOL 2022 INSTITUTE, AND SENDING COMMERCIAL COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU.
Usage of photos and images: I agree that the Organizer or his representative will take photo documentation and video recording of the event and use the created photos or audio / video recording of my person (hereinafter referred to as the material). I further agree with the use of captured photographs and audio / video materials, whether in tangible or digitized (intangible) form, as follows:
The Organizer is entitled to use photographs and audio / video material for its own needs and for the purposes of presenting its work on all social networks and websites set up by the Organizer and its partners.
Furthermore, the Organizer is entitled to provide a license authorization to use photographs and audio / video materials as its author’s works to third parties, for editorial purposes (i.e., publication in periodicals).
I AGREE AND GIVE MY SILENT CONSENT that photographs, and audio / video materials may be altered, used as part of a collective work or only part of them may be used. I agree that the Organizer, these materials, possibly in conjunction with my identification data above, process for the purpose of archiving, presentation on social networks and websites.
I DECLARE THAT I AM AWARE THAT I CAN REVOKE THIS SILENT CONSENT at any time by e-mail
delivered to the organizer. I acknowledge that the revocation of the consent only works in the future and therefore does not affect the legality of the previous processing based on this consent (before its revocation).
I DECLARE THAT I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE TEXT AND VOLUNTARILY CONFIRM IT BY REGISTRATION.