Christina Covotsou-Patroclou – Chairing the Organizing Committee
Christina was Born in Limassol, Cyprus.
Is a University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) BSc HON graduate in Textile Economics and Management, a sience which she practiced in the family business as Marketing & Sales Manager & Director at Covotsos Textiles ltd until they sold their concern in 1998.
Since 2002 she is Executive Director for a group of an Overseas concerns based in Cyprus
Married to DR Patroclos Patroclou (PP-RC Limassol-Kourion),
Mother of 2 Daughters: Jenny 25 a lawyer, and Nelly 23 an Economist
Christina joined the Rotary family over 45 years ago when
- she became Charter President of the 1st Interact club in Limassol
- later she was selected to be Charter President of the 1st Rotaract Club in Cyprus, Limassol-Amathusia
- she became a Rotarian in 1997 as Charter Member of RC Limassol-Kourion being the first mixed gender club in Limassol
- she then went on to become Charter Member of Rotary Club Limassol-Berengaria Cosmopolitan
In recent years and to date Christina has been invited to serve on Zone and International level as
- International Assembly Training leader in 2020, 2021and 2022
- Lead Facilitator – Regional Leaders Global Institute in March 2022
- Rotary Regional Foundation Coordinator for Zone 21B/Region 25 2020-2023 (RRFC)
- End Polio Now Coordinator (ENPC)
- Training Team Leader Zone 21 for GETS and for GNTS in Prague and Athens
- District Conference President’s Representative
- Assistant Rotary Coordinator (ARC)
- In 2022-2023 she has been appointed to Chair the Organising Committee of the Zone 21 Institute which will be held in Limassol in November 2022 in the presence of RI President Jennifer Jones.
In D 2452 District Christina served
- Served as DG in 2017-2018 when she also Convened the Very successful Presidential Conference in Beirut in February 2018 and she initiated the PDG Usama Barghouti and Mustafa Nasereddin Memorial Endowment fund for Peace Centres
- Christina served DRFC, District Conference Chair and chaired several other committees
- In her early years in service, she served as District Rotaract Representative of our District
- She has participated numerous District Conferences Zone Institutes and Conventions where she also had the opportunity to address issues on Women in Rotary, the Rotary Foundation, Membership, Youth and Peace.
Christina is a Major Donor and Benefactor
- 1973 Founding member of the Junior Red Cross in Cyprus
- 1990ies 4 years Secretary- Cyprus Anticancer Society – Limassol Regional Committee
- 1990ies Founding Member of CYMEPA – Cyprus
- Cyprus Marine Environment Protection Association)
- Member of the Greek Society for the Preservation of Nature.
Christina speaks 4 languages, from Greek as Mother Tongue and English Proficiently to French “rusty” Fluent, and Italian Comprehensive (as in will never be hungry in Italy)